Planning, Organising, Controlling and Managing all the activities related to the Finance Department.
2. Duties and Responsibilities
1. Establish university’s accounting policies and procedures.
2. Create and maintain financial policies in line with the financial reporting framework in collaboration with the University management.
3. Communicate all major financial procedures and processes to the university community in an effective and consistent method across all Departments.
4. Communicate and respond to issues raised by other departments within established timelines.
5. Provide expertise on financial and accounting matters.
6. Responsible for the annual external audit (s) and the finalisation of the audited financial statements.
7. Responsible for all external financial reporting.
8. Process payments and transactions through the financial system within established timelines.
9. Work with departments to resolve exceptions or disputes in order to maintain the university's reputation. (e.g. disputes with suppliers, outstanding advances).
10. Prepare annual budget and be responsible for administration of the budget.
11. Manage the university's accounts receivable (including billings and collections).
12. Liaise with the university's banks, university appointed external auditors and manages all arrangements with these service providers.
13. Responsible for the oversight of the management of financial systems and implementation and monitoring of related internal controls.
14. Collaborate with the management on all major information system development which involves business/financial process changes.
15. Provide training to financial officers, executive officers and designated administrators in academic support units on financial matters.
16. Perform post audits on financial transactions to ensure compliance.
17. Review internal audits conducted across departments to help address business / financial process deficiencies.
18. Provides reporting on all university accounts to end users including Quarterly and other ad hoc reports.
19. Review and oversee the monthly and annual cash flow forecasts
20. Supervise, oversee and advise the computation of financial projections of ASU
21. Oversee the preparation of ASU Business Plans and Financial Model
22. Act as finance business partner to other executive management and BoD
23. To complete any other duties and responsibilities when requested by the management, which are commensurate with this role.
Education, Qualification and Skills
Master (or) Bachelor degree in Accounting from an accredited university in relevant or related field.
CCAB and professionally qualified accountant –(ACA/CPA/ACCA/CIMA)
Minimum 15 years of experience in the finance and accounting field, 5 years of which in a supervisory position.
1. Extensive experience of all accounting functions.
2. Experience of presenting financial information to non-financial staff and committees and being comfortable with dealing with all levels of the organization, including committee members and trustees.
3. Clear and effective communicator with experience of communicating complex information to diverse audiences.
4. Advanced Excel & Microsoft Office skills, experience of accounting systems and writing reports.
5. Experience of collecting, managing & analysing complex data and statistics with attention to detail.
6. Good organisational experience with the ability to prioritise conflicting workloads and ability to work to deadlines.
7. Experience of developing budgets, financial strategy and planning.
8. Experience of developing standards, financial systems, procedures and internal controls.
9. Excellent interpersonal skills (e.g. communication, self-awareness, building trust, questioning and listening, influencing, assertiveness, problem solving, decision making).
10. Ability to supervise and train the subordinates.
11. Possess leadership skills.
12. Knowledge in local laws governing Oman will be an added advantage.
13. Fluent in English and Arabic.Job Details
|Job Location:||Muscat, Oman|
|Company Industry:||Administration Support Services|
|Monthly Salary:||US $6,000|